Learning from experience can be very expensive when it comes to timber sales. Years of growth and value are accumulated in a mature timber stand, and the combined annual income from all those years is frequently marketed in a single transaction. When and how you sell your timber can influence how much money you make, your overall financial plans, the cost of forest regeneration, and other management objectives.
Check out the following resources to become better informed on selling timber.
How do I sell my timber?
- Timber Sales: A Planning Guide For Landowners (AG-640)
- Cutting at Financial Maturity: Maximizing the economic return of your woodland (WON-62)
- First See a Forester (AG-619)
Are you seeking assistance with selling timber or other forest management needs?
- Consulting Foresters in North Carolina
- North Carolina Board of Registered Foresters
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension County Centers
- North Carolina Forest Service County Ranger Office