El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Prescribed fire is a forest management tool utilized throughout the Southeast. To learn more about fire and its role in managing forest review the following resources or complete the online training course.
Select the publication you want to read. Many of the publications are in pdf file format and are available free for downloading. A free pdf reader can be downloaded from Adobe.
- Fire-Resistant Landscaping in North Carolina
- Wildland Fire Programming Guide (AG-861)
- Using Fire to Improve Wildlife Habitat (AG-630)
- Prescribed Burning: Spotfires and Escapes. (NREM-2903, OSU Factsheet)
- Prescribed Fire: Understanding Liability, Laws and Risk
Introduction to Southeastern Prescribed Fire: This online training course has been developed to introduce participants to prescribed burning in Southeastern ecosystems. At the conclusion of the course, participants will have a working knowledge of fire terminology, fire law, fire prescriptions, firebreaks, smoke management and a basic understanding how to conduct a prescribed burn. The course is not intended to take the place of state Certification courses, workshops, or experience in the field; but rather to give participants a basic understanding of the principles of prescribed fire and fire effects. To enroll in this course, please visit campus.extension.org, create a free account, and search Southeastern Prescribed Fire.
eFire: This interactive site allows you to choose your own eFIRE experience! Become virtually immersed in a prescribed burn, learn why and how burns are conducted, read the provided resources, and/or hear from the multiple types of people who use prescribed fire as a land management tool!
Southeast Prescribed Fire Update blog. The blog provides landowners, consultants, agencies, academia, and the prescribed fire community with current training opportunities, press releases, event happenings, information and educational materials pertinent to prescribed burning in the Southeastern United States.
- Why Prescribed Fire?
- Shortleaf Pine and Prescribed Fire – Lake Norman State Park
- Good Fire In The Mountains – Prescribed Fire Workshop at Lake James State Park
- Prescribed Fire Techniques
- Prescribed Fire 101: An Introduction for Private Landowners
- Other Dangers on the Fireline
- The Croatan Explorer: Carnivorous Plants of The Croatan Forest: This video discusses prescribed fire in relation to the Croatan National Forest.
- North Carolina Prescribed Fire Council
- North Carolina Forest Service Prescribed Fire
- Southern Fire Exchange
- Consortium of Appalachian Fire Managers & Scientists
Are you seeking assistance?
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension County Centers
- North Carolina Forest Service County Ranger Office
- Private Forestry Service Providers – Contractors and service providers
A portion of this work is funded through grants from partners of the Southeast Partnership for Planning and Sustainability (SERPPAS) to help fulfill their goal of implementing a comprehensive, regional strategy to increase prescribed burning in the Southeast. Please come back to visit.