Managing for forest health focuses on reducing the risk associated with insects and disease, wildfire, impact of drought and other conditions that impact the health of the forest. Sound forest management can help you achieve a healthy, sustainable forest.
Pest Range Maps
Forest pest range maps help forest resource managers understand threats to their forests and make better management decisions. The following maps are georeferenced and can be opened in compatible apps (e.g., Avenza Maps).
These publications provide information that can help you in managing a healthy forest. Select the publication you want to read. Many of the publications are in pdf format and are available free for downloading. A free pdf reader can be downloaded from Adobe.
- Fact Sheet: Emerald ash borer
- Healthy Forests: Invasive Plants and Your Forests (AG-771)
- Healthy Forests: Managing for Resilience (AG-772)
- Maintaining the Forestry Exemption Under the Sedimentation Pollution Control Act (WON-22) In Review
- Minimizing Wildfire Risk – A Forest Landowner’s Guide (AG-616) In Review
- Promoting a Healthy Forest on Your Land (SREF-FH-001) 2016