Continuing and Professional Education
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
Continuing Education for Natural Resource Professionals
Continuing education events offered by Extension Forestry at NC State University are intended for working professionals in forestry, soils, landscape architecture, wildlife biology, water quality, forest hydrology, arboriculture, and any other vocation relating to forest ecosystems (managed or natural). Many of these events include continuing education contact hours or CEU from various accrediting organizations. Details and registration information for these events are posted on the Extension Forestry event calendar.
Earning credits from home!
NC State Extension Forestry has partnered with Southern Regional Extension Forestry, to bring you a webinar portal providing links to forestry, natural resource and conservation related education and information. You can subscribe to learn about upcoming webinars on topics that interest you, as well as watch archived webinars at any time. Be sure to check it out today at forestrywebinars.net.
NC Registered Forester Exam Prep
This self-directed, online study guide provides resources to prepare for the North Carolina Registered Forester Exam (Level 1 or Level 2). The study guide is organized by topic areas that may appear on the North Carolin Registered Foresters Exams conducted by the NC Board of Registration for Foresters. The topic areas in the guide include:
- dendrology, physiology, nutrition, reproduction and genetics
- forest ecology, wildlife and ecosystems
- forest economics, taxes and wood valuation
- forest health, pests, pathogens
- general forestry knowledge
- history, law, policy, and social issues
- measurements, mensuration, statistics and remote sensing
- silviculture, soils, hydrology, BMP, RxFire
- wood anatomy and products
At the end of the study guide you will find useful references, practice questions and the answers to the practice questions. The study guide consists of readings, videos, slide presentations and other supporting resources. It is recommended that a minimum study time for either of the exams be not less than 3 weeks prior to the next scheduled exam. Exam dates are announced on the website for the NC Board of Registration for Foresters. The guide is available year round.
Reviewing the study guide and completing the practice questions does not ensure a passing grade by those who take the exam. It is recommended that you visit the NC Board of Registration for Foresters(opens in new window) to be sure that you understand the application process and all NC Registered Forester requirements. Please note that the study guide materials do not originate from, nor are they endorsed by, the NC Board of Registration for Foresters.
Who is the guide for, what technology is needed to access the guide and how much does it cost?
- Audience: This study guide was created for persons who qualify to sit for the State of North Carolina registered forester exam as administered by the NC Board of Registration for Foresters.
- Technology and Delivery: Access to the study guide is via Moodle, NC State University learning management system, which is compatible with all Internet browsers when using a PC or MAC (not recommended for mobile devices). In total, you will have access to over 100 publications and learning sites which allow you to do additional study, work problems, and test your knowledge in preparation for the state exam. The course material will be available for the course period that you registered.
- Registration and Fees: Online registration is available beginning January 1. The course fee is $125, payable by credit card through the NC State University REPORTER system. The course material will be available for the course period that you registered.