Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood PLT Workshop
August 25, 2020
10am - 2pm
Cliffs of the Neuse State Park
Seven Springs, NC
Registration Deadline: August 19
Registration Fee: $10
To Register: go.ncsu.edu/ncplt_cliffs
Questions about the workshop? Autumn Hamm firstname.lastname@example.org
This workshop will focus on Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood. Please bring a bag lunch/snacks, a face covering/mask, and prepare to be outdoors* the entire time.
Project Learning Tree (PLT) is an interdisciplinary environmental education program designed for educators of ANY background. Participants in this professional learning experience will:
- Receive PLT’s Environmental Experiences for Early Childhood Activity Guide and accompanying music CD
- Identify new hands-on activities to share with learners based on the five senses, the seasons of the year, and trees in your neighborhood
- Engage learners through song, dance, exploration, and play
- Discover how to incorporate literature into your early childhood EE programs
- Create a plan to infuse early childhood programming with environmental education learning experiences
- Earn CEUs, in-service credit, or NC Environmental Education Certification hours
Pre-registration is required as space is limited to 10 people. There is a $10 cost for this workshop. PLT Activity Guides are provided at no additional costs through support from the NC Forestry Association. This workshop will be offering 4.0 contact hours, equalling 0.4 CEUs and 4 Hours in Criteria II for EE Certification (not Criteria I). Criteria I credit (or 0.6 CEUs) can be earned by completing a homework assignment to gain the additional 2 contact hours.
Please make a personal commitment to attend, and cancel in a timely manner so people can be moved off the waitlist into the workshop. Cancellations made by the registration deadline will receive a $5 refund. Cancellations after this date will not receive a refund. If the workshop is canceled due to COVID-19 mandates, workshop participants will receive a full refund.